A car for every purpose
Whether you need an energy-efficient, compact city car (VW Up!), an estate car (Golf), or a van (Caddy), thanks to Greenwheels you can always choose the car you need. At Greenwheels you can use all the car types with any subscription, ensuring you can choose a car that's fit for your purpose.
Compact and energy-efficient city car
The red Volkswagen up! is our best-known shared car. It can seat four and fit maximum two suitcases in the boot. A zippy little car for shopping or a fun day trip
Our Volkswagen Caddy is a great option for transporting larger items. You can also use it as a delivery van. It has two front seats and plenty of space in the back, with a load volume of 3.2 m³ and a payload of 803 kg.
Larger estate car
The Golf Variant is spacious and very comfortable. This is a great car for a fun day out with the family, to the beach for example. Just store your surfboard in the boot!
Safe, with all the mod cons
All Greenwheels cars have:
- ISOFIX for your little one's car seat
- An MP3 (AUX) input
- All-season tires
- Airconditioning (except for some vans)
- Their own reserved parking space
- Roadside assistence
Regelmatig onderhoud en schoonmaak van Greenwheels auto’s
De auto’s worden regelmatig onderhouden. Daarnaast hebben ze all-season banden en ANWB wegenwachtservice voor als je een ongeluk krijgt of dan toch een keer met pech onderweg staat.
Frequently asked questions about our cars
Car rental is somewhat different from car sharing. We would like to explain it with some examples:
- Greenwheels can be found at 1,850 locations throughout the Netherlands. That is why there is often a car in your area that you can take with you whenever you want. So you don't have to go to a car rental company first to pick up a car there.
- You can open a Greenwheels car with the Greenwheels app or your OV chip card. There is no key handover required.
- A Greenwheels car is available to you 24 hours a day. You are not bound by office opening times. You can also book and take a Greenwheels car in the middle of the night.
- Flexible reservation: you can reserve and use a car from only 15 minutes.
- Fuel is included. There is a fuel or charge card in every Greenwheels car.
You can book a car like you always do.
- A day trip consists of 24 hours
- Weekend trip = weekend price starts on Fridays at 4 p.m. and ends on Mondays at 10 a.m.
- Week trip consists of 7 x 24 hours
Android / IOS app
You can open a car with the app. When the booking starts, open the app. Click on your booking on the main screen. Then click on "Start driving" and swipe up to open the car. If you want to close the car, click on "End drive" and then swipe down.
Please be careful: we advise you to always take the Greenwheels card with you to the booked car in case the car cannot be opened with the app.
Definitely! Please note the following:
- Foreign trips must always be authorized by Greenwheels; Please register all trips abroad by telephone 14 days before the start of your booking (030 311 60 100).
- Based on insurance guidelines you, unfortunately, can not drive in all federal states. Please contact the customer service by telephone or e-mail beforehand to see whether you can go to a particular destination. Contact means possible Trips to EU countries are usually no problem.
- The fuel card does not work abroad. You can refuel and pay yourself and send the refuelling receipt to us via the contact form.